Printing blanket storage
Storing printing blankets correctly
- Store printing blankets between 15°C and 30°C and between 50% and 65% relative humidity
- Avoid direct light and sunlight as these can lead to ozone cracks
- Store away from electric motors (danger of ozone cracks)
- Lay flat or suspended - always rubber to rubber and fabric to fabric
- Always use the "First in - First out" principle
- Recording the printing blankets in the press log or on a separate form provides an overview of actual usage.
- The parameters should be amplified with actual rotation counts, so that usage can be determined over a given period of time.
• Printing blankets are best stored in a drawer.
• No more than 20 blankets stored on top of each other
• Storage should not exceed 12 months, as the rubber compositions can otherwise harden and the service life may be reduce