Printing blankets are the medium that comes into contact with all the substances relevant to the printing process. They have an extremely diverse range of functions. Here are just the main ones:
- Transfer type and image elements as accurately as possible from the printing plate to the substrate.
- Take on colours and, equally well, radiate them fully with no streaks/structures.
- Transport dampening solution with accompanying substances evenly.
- Low stress on the substrate.
- Minimise register inaccuracies / problems.
In addition to the specific properties of the rubber types used for printing blankets, the fulfilment of these functions is ensured by the printing blanket structure, conversion and assembly.